Mahalo for your interest in volunteering with Kamehameha Schools. In order to be approved to be a volunteer, you must first complete the KS Application to Volunteer.
The application form can be downloaded here.
Here are some helpful tips for completing the form effectively:
- The form is PDF fillable and can be completed electronically (via computer). You can also print and complete by hand if you prefer.
- Personal identifiable information (PII) is not requested from you at this time.
- Complete all sections in its entirety, with special consideration given to the Volunteer Questionnaire section. Please note that background checks may be required based on the type of activity you plan to engage in. Please make selection(s) as appropriate. Activities selected should accurately represent your volunteer participation interests for the entire school year.
- Note: this can be changed or expanded in the future. Contact us to request a new form if needed.
- The form can be electronically signed by:
- Clicking on “Tools” in the top right corner of the form
- Selecting “Sign and Certify”
- Selecting “Place Signature”
- Creating the signature box on the “Volunteer Signature” line and placing your digital signature.
- Note: If you are unable to digitally sign or prefer not to, you may print the form and complete by
- Upon completing the form, please return by one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Kamehameha Schools Hawaiʻi, Attn: KSH Volunteer Coordinator, 16-716 Volcano Rd., Keaʻau, HI 96749
- Fax: (808) 982-0010
Background checks may be requested based on the type of activity or frequency of your participation. If you are requested to consent to a background check process, the following provides you with information on KS’ volunteer background check process:
- KS partners with HireRight, a leading provider of background check services. KS uses HireRight to conduct new hire, employee and volunteer background checks.
- The process is conducted entirely online.
- You will receive an email containing a secure link directly from HireRight.
- Upon receiving the email, you will need to login using your unique login and pwd, input the required personal identifying information and consent to the background check process.
- The background check process includes a 10-year nationwide criminal conviction search and a search of the National Sex Offender Registry.
- Results take 5-7 business days to return. We will notify you if any result of your background checks excludes you from participating as a volunteer with KS.
If you have any questions about the form or the background check process, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background checks may be required based on the type of activity you plan to engage in. Please pay special attention to this section.
The volunteer form may be signed electronically. See instructions on how to do that if not already familiar.
forms and resources,
Hawaii Newsroom, KS Hawaii Home, Hawaii Elementary School, Hawaii Middle School, Hawaii High School, Newsroom, Campus Programs, Hawaii