When the Kamehameha School for Boys first opened in October 1887, there were less than 40 students, five teachers, and a dozen buildings in the Kapālama ahupuaʻa, only one of which remains and became the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum.
Today, KS Kapālama stands proudly mauka of its original location at Kaiwi‘ula, serving more than 3,800 students and teachers with more than 100 athletic teams, numerous special interest clubs, a performing arts complex, and a library and resource center with over 70,000 resource materials including rare Hawaiian texts.
Since its founding, Kamehameha Schools has graduated more than 25,000 good and industrious young men and women – a worthy legacy of a visionary Princess.
We envision KS Kapālama as a school where all ‘ohana are welcomed, informed, and valued for their capabilities and experiences, strengthened in their limitations, and invited to actively engage as contributors. We invite all alumni to stay connected and engaged through our Parent and Alumni Relations office or through our Office of Advancement Alumni Relations teams.
Other ways to stay connected
Volunteer Coordinator, Kapālama