Welcome Nā Mākua O Kamehameha — Parents of Kamehameha
Parents are a vital part of their children's education. Research repeatedly indicates that children whose parents are involved and informed, do better in school. Get involved today!
How can parents be involved?
- Ask questions about school.
- Set goals and expectations about school and school work.
- Attend school open houses and back to school days.
- Volunteer in a classroom.
- Volunteer for committees or activities.
- Read to your child, even your teenager.
- Talk to your child, especially your teenager.
- Attend parent workshops.
- Attend athletic, club and performing arts programs with your child.
- Recognize accomplishments, no matter how small.
- Just be there.
Visit the KSH Parent Teacher ‘Ohana website for more ways our parents are involved in school.
How can I volunteer?
We value the contributions of volunteers and encourage our KS ʻohana to serve as a volunteer to enrich the overall educational experience for our haumāna. But we must do so safely as safety is our highest priority at KS. Kamehameha Schools requires that all volunteers who come in direct contact with students complete the following:
- Application to Volunteer (submitted annually)
- Criminal History Background Check through HireRight
- Online Volunteer Training entitled “Ensuring A Safe Learning Environment”
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance (required ONLY IF you anticipate volunteering for more than 30 days within the school year)
See our Registering as a volunteer at KSH page for more information and the forms for how to sign-up