The purpose of the plan is to develop a vision, physical master plan, and implementation strategy that will guide and prioritize Kamehameha Schools (KS) actions for the future planning, redevelopment, and operational use of approximately 507 acres of land in the He‘eia Ahupua‘a in the Ko’olau Region, with a primary focus on the 55 acres of commercial lands. View He‘eia Plan (PDF)
He‘eia Plan Objectives
- Evolve as a center of ‘Āina Momona with an abundant, sustainable food system that creates jobs & local economic opportunities within the community.
- Stimulate the local economy created with and for community.
- Promote ho‘ōla (health and resiliency) in people, places, and programming to improve quality of life.
- Foster and deliver learning opportunities to grow future ‘ōiwi (native) servant leaders enabling prosperity and contribution to the Ko‘olau Community.
- Optimize economic portfolio value to strengthen the local economy and reinvest in KS’ mission.
He‘eia Existing Communities
Paepae o He‘eia
Kamehameha Schools Preschool