Student travel notifications
Kamehameha Schools travel policy
The travel notification process applies to anyone who plans to be on a KS campus or site within 10 days of their return from travel. If you are in distance learning at home or are not participating in any face-to-face activities, you do not need to complete the notification, though you should follow all applicable state and county rules, including compliance with any required quarantine periods. See current travel details for Hawaiʻi county.
Our Kamehameha Schools travel policy is updated as of April 17, 2021. The initial policy was established as of Monday, Oct. 26, 2020 and will remain in place until further notice for students and staff who will be participating in on-campus or onsite activities:
- Parents should inform our kula of their plans prior to their family / child’s travel. See travel notification details below.
The notification process for INTER-ISLAND or OUT-OF-STATE travel is now the same
- State and County rules regarding travel are sufficient to return to a KS site. A PCR test after the fifth day is no longer required for out-of-state travel.
- A post-travel notification is required to return to a KS site within 10 days of arrival back home.
- To receive clearance, parents are required to email a post-travel notification and provide a copy of the Hawaiʻi State Safe Travels Clearance before their child can return to campus. See below for details.
Who should I contact if my child is planning to travel?
If your keiki is planning to travel out-of-state or travel inter-island, please send an email with the student’s name, grade level, travel dates, and destination of travel to email@example.com.
We will notify the COVID-19 Response Team if your keiki’s travel is out of state.
What do I need to submit to return onsite after travel?
After your keiki’s return from travel, please send a post-travel notification email with additional details along with supporting documentation requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS INCLUDE:
- State of Hawaiʻi Safe Travels Program Clearance (Screenshot of QR code and notations that include: Hawaiʻi Arrival Date; if traveler has been screened, and if traveler is exempt seen here)
Documents may be attached to the email.
PROVIDE ONLY IF APPLICABLE:
- Any county exemptions that were received
- Medical appointment information
We will review the details and supporting documents to ensure your keiki has been exempt from any county quarantine requirements and will provide you with clearance approval before your keiki’s return to onsite learning or other activities. This process may take up to 48 hours depending on when information is received.