Po‘o Kula Senior Dinner
Dates: Friday, May 21 | Monday, May 24 | Tuesday, May 25 | Wednesday, May 26 | Thursday, May 27 TIME: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (Check in begins at 5:30 PM)
Location: Kōnia Field
Attire: Aloha Attire & Face Mask (Mandatory)
Event Registration Link: PO'O KULA SENIOR DINNER'S RSVP
*Seniors and ‘ohana should have received a separate informational email from Po‘o Kula’s Office with event information. Deadline to register to attend is Thursday, April 29th at 9:00pm.
Po‘o Kula Dr. Taran Chun invites our graduates and two (2) guests for dinner and ho‘olauna under the stars at Kōnia Field. The invitation is limited to ONE dinner per senior. Those graduates who are interested in attending must complete the RSVP above. Seating is limited each evening and online registration is on a first come, first served basis. Deadline to RSVP is Thursday, April 29th at 9:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. Participation in this event is optional. Failure to comply with the following guidelines and procedures, will result in dismissal from event and may jeopardize participation in other Commencement events.
What to expect:
- All students, guests and staff will wear a cloth face mask at all times.
- Face masks must fit properly and cover the nose and mouth.
- Face masks may be removed ONLY when actively eating or drinking.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE on Campus:
- Students must complete the Student Wellness Check.
- Please note that for ALL events students who experience any symptoms of COVID-19 for 1–3 days even if at home and not missing in-person learning must provide a doctor’s note or negative COVID-19 PCR test collected after the onset of symptoms to Hale Ola prior to the student’s return to school or school activities. A doctor’s note continues to be required for return following four or more days of illness.
- All guests and staff must complete the Guest and Staff Wellness Check
- Students and guests will receive an email after completion to indicate if they are CLEARED to come on campus.
- If you are NOT CLEARED to come to campus, STAY HOME.
- All attendees may begin to arrive on campus at 5:30 pm.
- Event parking is at the Ka‘ahumanu parking lot ONLY. Those with handicap placards or are getting dropped off may do so at Smith Circle. KS Security will be on hand to assist with parking and traffic.
- All attendees should report immediately to Kōnia Field. No loitering or roaming campus is allowed.
- Check-in tables will be located on the ‘Ewa-end of the field tent.
- Attendees temperatures will be taken. IMPORTANT: If a guest has a fever or displays any COVID-19 like symptoms, they will be required to leave.
- Additionally, you will need show proof of your completed KS Wellness Check (Green Smiley Face).
During the Event
- Seniors and their guests are required to sit together. Only (1) family per table. This will help us keep one another safe while eating and drinking.
- During the meal service, tables will be ushered in an organized fashion to the food line.
- Seniors and guests will be allowed to move and visit others, as long as 6 ft. social distancing is maintained.
- Soap, water and/or hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be available for all attendees and staff to use. We encourage everyone to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
After the Event
- At the conclusion of the event we ask that you return to your vehicles and leave campus.
- If you are waiting for your ride, we request that you maintain social distancing at Kōnia Breezeway.
- No loitering or roaming on campus is allowed.
If you previously registered, you do not need to register again. For any additional questions, please contact the Office of the Poʻo Kula at firstname.lastname@example.org.