In-school clubs and activities
The Student Activities Program at Kamehameha Schools seeks to meet the educational, emotional and spiritual needs of student learners by following the KS Educational Policy and Procedures as well as that of the CADA/CASL (California Association of Directors of Activities & California Association of Student Leaders).
KES Student Activities Mission: to foster a safe and nurturing student-centered environment built on a pedagogy of aloha that provides opportunities and experiences for students to develop as skillful “servant leaders” that will collectively uplift our lāhui.
KES Student Activities Objectives:
- Develop leadership potential through planning, implementing, evaluating and participating in events, activities, service projects, retreats, conferences, school exchanges, etc.
- Develop personal interests and talents through participation in clubs and student government.
- Develop personal and social relationship skills through social activities such as dances, picnics, banquets, Founder’s Day Ceremonies, etc.
- Develop as contributing and participating member of society through participation in elections, legislative experiences, committees, visitations, conferences, and other events.
Clubs and Activities
KES Clubs (meets before school):
KES Clubs (meets during school):
KES Clubs (meets after school):
Pick Up Information
After School Program Ends at 3:30 p.m.
- LATE BUS: Students will be dismissed by 3:15 p.m. to catch their bus.
- CAR PICK UP: Makanani Gate opens at 3:15 p.m. Do not block intersection.
- Wait along the curb of the road leading up to the blacktop.
- Students picked up by car are escorted to Island Car Pick-Up at 3:30 p.m.
- YMCA: Students not picked up by 3:40 p.m. are escorted to YMCA Nā Pua Lei After School Program and charged the drop-in rate of $10. There is no grace period.
After School Program Ends at 3:45 p.m. or later
- PARENT PICK UP: parents must pick up your student at the classroom.
- YMCA: Students not picked up by 3:55 p.m. are escorted to YMCA Nā Pua Lei After School Program and charged the drop-in rate of $10. There is no grace period.