Students may have needs that go beyond what Mālama Ola can provide directly. Here are some critical service providers that are available along with their contact information should you or someone you know need kōkua.
- Emergency Services: 9-1-1
Immediate assistance for threat to life or property
- Crisis Hotline of Hawaiʻi: On Oʻahu call 833-3100 or call 1-800-753-6879 on a Neighbor Island
Hawaiʻi Department of Health hotline for suicide prevention, awareness, and support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1*800*273-TALK (8255)
Support for people in distress, and prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- Crisis Text Line: Text "START" to 741-741
Support for people in crisis.
- The Trevor Project: 866-4U-TREVOR (488-7386) or text "TREVOR" to 1-202-304-1200 (text not available 24/7)
Crisis intervention and suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13–24.
- Kapiʻolani Sex Abuse Treatment Center Hawaiʻi: 808-524-7273
Support, information, and advocacy for victims of sexual assault or abuse.
- Child Welfare Services: From O‘ahu call 808-832-5300; from a Neighbor Island call 1-800-494-3991
To report suspected child abuse or neglect.
KS resources for reporting and additional assistance
In non-emergency situations, students can utilize the Hiʻikua Student Helpline to report any issues they are not comfortable bringing to their principals or counselors.
KS Kapālama Counseling
KS Maui Counseling
- Middle School: 808-572-4254
- High School: 808-573-7236
KS Hawaiʻi Counseling
- Preschool Administration - Directorʻs Office: 808-534-8305
Kūamahi Community Education Programs
- Kūamahi Operations Department: 808-534-8351
- See health room numbers above or contact the Mālama Ola director at 808-842-8959
Teen Online Resources
- teenLink Hawaiʻi
Provides an effective youth-focused program promoting positive youth development through peer leadership and support, access to relevant information and resources, and connection to a caring social network
- NS Teens
Teaches tweens and teens about making safer choices online.
- Thatʻs Not Cool
Support material and helpful tips on engaging teens and decreasing teen dating violence.
Online forum aimed at educating, advising, counseling and helping to stop bullying, in particular cyber bullying.
Information on preventing and responding to bullying
The Hawaiʻi Youth Services Directory provides easy access to information concerning children, youth, and young adult programs and services in Hawaiʻi, including helplines, newsletters, and other resources.
- Hawaiʻi Community Resource Guide
State of Hawaii Department of Public Safety 2017 compendium that includes community resources for health, safety, and well-being.
- Aloha United Way - 211 or 1-8-77-275-6569
Find information and referrals on everything from crisis intervention and counseling to job training, educational programs and child care.