Welcome Nā Mākua O Kamehameha — Parents of Kamehameha
Parents are a vital part of their children's education. Research repeatedly indicates that children whose parents are involved and informed, do better in school. Get involved today!
How can parents be involved?
- Ask questions about school.
- Set goals and expectations about school and school work.
- Attend school open houses and back to school days.
- Volunteer in a classroom.
- Volunteer for committees or activities.
- Read to your child, even your teenager.
- Talk to your child, especially your teenager.
- Attend parent workshops.
- Attend athletic, club and performing arts programs with your child.
- Recognize accomplishments, no matter how small.
- Just be there.
Visit the KSH Parent Teacher ‘Ohana website for more ways our parents are involved in school.
How can I volunteer?
Kamehameha Schools requires that all volunteers who come in direct contact with students complete the following:
- Application to Volunteer (submitted yearly).
- Authorization for KS to conduct a Criminal History Record Check (included on the bottom of the volunteer application form).
- TB Skin Test Certificate — TB test done within the last 12 months and chest x-rays within last 6 years are accepted.
- TB Screening Questionnaire for all returning volunteers.
See the parent section of the forms and resources page to get the forms.